Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken & Potatoes (Part One)

I'm always watching the Asian Food Channel...
& Caucasians love to use herbs like..
rosemary...thyme...cumin...basil e.t.c in their dishes...

I saw Jamie Oliver in Naked Chef roasting a chicken in his own unique way one day...
And just nice, i saw happy home baking roasting a chicken using Jamie Oliver's way...
So..i decided to try it!



I prepared the chicken a night before...
These are the stuffs i've used to marinate the whole chicken...
lemon rind..black pepper...salt and the most important role..ROSEMARY!!
Super duper fragrant!!



I actually handled the whole chicken,
including cutting it's nails, washing the cavity...and the most disgusting part is...
CUTTING THE HEAD!!!
I kept saying sorry to the chicken...And i will not wanna do it again!
I became weak after I did that...
OK..forget about all these...
back to yummy chicken and fragrant herbs...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The seasoning was distributed all over the chicken...



On the skin....




in the cavity....





And even under the chicken skin!



It smells like the turkey we've bought last xmas...
and i started to have the nostalgic feeling again...
Wooooo..~~




Cling wrap it..
Sent to the fridge to sit overnight...
about 20 hours...

6 comments:

Puffy's said...

This chicken is HUGE! no wonder you scared to chop the head..These herbs must have cost a lot yar?

We are great fans of Jamie Oliver leh.. he is very swift in the kitchen..
Looking forward to Part 2 !!

Big-Girlicious said...

HAHA..he's very fast in the kitchen! i tink i will become impatient if i wanna be as fast as him...

the chicken cost nearly 10 dollars..my mummy bought from the wet market...you can try this recipe..
my brother's fren in F & B line came for dinner and thought we bought the chicken from else where! So..this recipe is really good!
I'm gona try with salmon fillets too! =)

Tricia said...

Love Jamie!! He is my "boyfriend!" LOL!!! I actually we to one of his book signing. So cute, very friendly!

He made one with steaks ... garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper where he "hammer" the ingredients into the meat and let it marinate overnight. Yum!!

Can't see your part 2!!

Big-Girlicious said...

Hi Tricia!! =) whoah he is ur bf!?!?! then how about ur husband..WAHAHAHAHA..
so cool to meet him in person! hehehe.. he lives in canada?

OOoo..too bad that i dont take beef..
i can try that with chicken chops! HEHEHEHEE!!!
thanks for telling me!

Tricia said...

Hi Girl, aiya, I was in L.A. at that time. So nice to see him in person. Just want to hug him and kiss, kiss, kiss! LOL!!! ^|*

I will try yr chicken recipe next week. My husband love chicken.

Yr chicken looks absolutely delicious!

Big-Girlicious said...

Whoah..hehe..u can go to so many places!! envy envy!!

so did u get to hug and kiss him? hehehe...

WHoah take pics of your chicken! i wanna see!! thanks for your compliment!