Thursday, May 28, 2009

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

I've not baked stuffs for like 2 weeks already?
So...here i am!
I bought this vegetable shortening to replace sinful butter...
50% less saturated fat than butter!
And i used the "healthiest" condensed milk,
with 98% lesser than normal ones...


A bit black..
it would be better to tent the cake with aluminium foil after 15 mins of baking...


Baked into 3 different sizes...


I love the explosion in the middle...


Mine was abit dry...
bcos i used the shortening instead of butter??
or is it bcos i didn't measure the flour with the weighing machine??

Taste wise...it's good!
ermm...taste like Condensed milk! HAHA!


Recipe from:
Rei Rei


4 comments:

Puffy's said...

hey.. you also fan of Rei's Blog?
Actualy i am trying out her macaron recipe lor.. hehe..

Big-Girlicious said...

Yeha!I love her chiffon cakes leh!but didnt dare to try her macaroon as i aga aga for my measurements cos my weighing machine died.. i dont know which to get..any recommendations?

Puffy's said...

Me tOoo!! actuall after macaron I am trying the Pandan cake..
I think a normal one will do... electronic ones very ex.. but more accurate lor.. i also using conventional ones now.. hehe.. courtesy of my mother..

Big-Girlicious said...

hey i just bought on at bugis' BHG! @ 39.90...not bad leh...digital somemore.the brand is ENDO..

HEHE.does ur oven have microwave functions? somehow i feel that conventional ovens are not that good... =( i dont realy like.