Friday, August 14, 2009

Supposed to be Zebra Cake


My zebra cake...
which I've baked 1 month ago...



the top still looks OK...


but when i slice it up...

it's not a zebra!
And i don't know whát's wrong...







I actually spooned in the mixture a layer by layer....



But it came out only in 2 layers and not with zebra stripes...
So sad....
But taste wise..
although abit plain...but still yummy!


I made them into muffin cups too...
can see the softeness?
i added some almond meal into the batter to give it a more almond-ny taste....
any experts to tell me what went wrong in my zebra stripes!?!?!
HELP!!!!!!!! =p
Recipe adapted from:

2 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

First time here. By looking at your cake I think you put too much batter at the center of the cake. You can see there is not enough ring. In order to get the zebra strip you need to be very careful when placing the batter. Each scoop of batter (about 3 tbsp) need to be place on top of each other. Check out my recipe : Tri-color cake as I do have pictures there on how the batter should look like. Hope this help.

Big-Girlicious said...

Hey hi ! thanks for visiting! =)

i do view your blog! nice food photography~~~

After looking at your pics, i realised that my batter wvery runny..hence the batter overlapped onto each other...
your tri colour cake is so cool!
i will try!
thank u very much for commenting..HEHE