Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hakka Yam Abacus 算盘子 (vegetarian)

We had some leftover uncooked yam from the yam spiral mooncake~
So my mum wanted to make 算盘子with it....

She made hers and failed, because she thought the flour in the container was tapioca flour,
but it was actually corn flour!
So..the whole dish became mashy...
but it's still tasty!


And i tried my hands on it too..my first time...
mixed yam with tapioca flour and some water...knead till it became a dough...
guessed the quantity and just trying my luck~~



Shaped them up~~
uneven sizes..HEHE



boiled them in water until they float up...



soak in cold water to achieve the QQ texture...



I stir fried it with these ingredients...
black fungus, carrot, mushrooms and garlic...
didn't add in dried shrimps, and i regret...



I tried to make it more wet...
and regret not adding in dried shrimps...
it makes the dish even more fragrant!
for seasoning, i used soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, pepper & sesame oil...



An impromptu attempt! & this was my dinner!
will try it again with more ingredients!


No comments: