Saturday, June 21, 2008

First attempt in making chiffon cake!!!



YEAPPIES!!!! I did it I did it!!!! My first chiffon cake!!!!! and its green tea chiffon cake!!!!




OKOK i know it cracked alot, I had a super hard time getting the cake out of the pan! but its still delicious!!!WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's not easy to make a chiffon cake u know, because its very hard to gauge whether u have underbeaten or overbeaten the egg white, or is it just nice..?? hmmm....i tink many pple have these doubts.



NOW I PROUDLY ANNOUNCE FOR MYSELF TO ELEVATE TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF THE BAKING STAGE!!!



I couldn't help but eat 2 pieces when i cut them up! its just too fluffy and soft till I cant resist. AAAAwwwwww....the sense of satisfaction!!!!!

no worries...i cut down the sugar to only about 3 table spoons for the cake. And I halved the amount of the ingredients in the recipe, BCOS...im so afraid that i cant make it, so wont waste so much. Plus this recipe calls for whipping cream for coating, but fattening u know..and im lazy to go buy, just use wat i have at home. And this is wat i get!!hahaha!!SUPER HAPPY!!!




I tried to bake sponge cake a few times which also required egg white beating and failed all the time, they always have a soft layer on top and a hard layer below. SOooooo thats the ting~~~~the technique of egg white beating!! I will be very very careful next time...and try more cakes!!

P.S: All my fonts are in green BCOS......The green tea chiffon cake is so green!!!!!!!!


With lotsa lotsa lotsa love,



Coraine

No comments: