Monday, July 21, 2008

Organic Organic Organic!

Bought some organic stuffs from ntuc ytd nite.






Flaxseed meal






Flaxseed is very high in omega-3 essential fatty acids, they are known to lower down cholestrol, stabilizes blood sugar, lower the risk of breast, prostate, and colon cancers, and reducing the inflammation of arthritis and asthma. Sounds fantastic, so i got to try. But experts said it's still too soon to give a conclusion for the benefits of the flaxseeds, so the stated benefits may not be true. Anyway just try it! I wanna add into my juices and my salads too!

Well i tink i should have bought the golden flaxseed not brown =( I was too excited till i forgotten about it~~




Lecithin




It breaks up fats and cholesterol in the body. It is excellent for a healthy heart. It helps the body utilize vitamins A, D, E, and K and is excellent for memory, concentration, and recall. It cleanses the liver and kidneys and helps the body absorbs nutrients. Lecithin is an essential component in the cell membrane, it even helps in achieving healthy hair and skin! Mix it in your juice or just a cup of water, very convenient!




Pumpkin Seeds




It helps to prevent kidney stones, good for diabeties cos it boost the levels of insulin in the blood, lower Cholesterol and many more.



i also bought some organic Hi protein flour and wholemeal flour to make bread. and Soya beans



to make soya bean milk!



These few days I've been eating very healthy foods and last few days my blood glucose is constantly 6-7 points. BUT THIS MORNING..OH MY...IT SHOOT up to 8!!! i dont know wat happened...but i ate a bowl of salad at 10pm ytd nite..maybe bcos of that? but i only added 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil and a few sprays of italian dressing. I have to continue to monitor...~~



And after a day of vegggie eating day, I've lost nearly a kg. THe book that i bought previously said blood type A can eat 55% of veg, NO MEAT, NO DAIRY PRODUCTS, 5% of fish/seafood, 20% grains and breads then another 20% of fruits. So now, i limit myself to a small piece of fish twice a week. Meat maybe once a week , just a little or none. Others are all veggies and good fruits like blueberries, kiwis.

My Boyf is O type and he is luckier than me...he can take meat twice a week, hehe..but the farny ting is once can only take 60g...super small portion! and take fish thrice a week, grains/breads can only be 5% of his diet, which is really little. 75% got to be veggies and the others are fruits.



My BMI 1 month+ ago is 30.1 (Obese)and now my new BMI is 27.5 (Overweight) ! Next aim will be 25! 25 or lower will be normal. THUMBS UP!

I hope everyting will go well and smoothly. I do all these for myself and my future baby. I dont want my baby to suffer in my womb. HAHA...



this is my lunch for today...steamed broccoli with some black pepper!



Its really soft, i over steamed it...sad...ok thats all for today! ciaos...

With Lotsa Love,
Coraine