Saturday, August 16, 2008

Baking Baking and More Baking!! =)




I took a cab and rushed home from work...tink im crazy about baking!! When i reached, I baked straight away!



PANDAN CHIFFON CAKE



Fresh from oven!



I quickly inverted it by placing the thermal flask into the pan hole...




After about an hour of cooling...it didnt shrink...




My cakes are always cracked =(


the texture is super good! i tink the best that i've ever made..!



Conclusion: I used the kind of packed coconut milk which is supposed to mix with water, but guess i added too much coconutmilk...and theres a kind of...ermmm......Goat's milk taste...that's the minus point...other than that....everyting is fine! I will try to use fresh coconut squeezed milk next time round... (RECIPE FROM REI REI)









NEXT ON THE MENU..............






Mixed Herb Wholemeal Loaf


After 15mins of kneading, the dough is ready for 1st proofing...




After proofing....it doubled in size...




Divided into 3 portions and rolled them up in swiss roll style...





2nd proofing...nearly filled up the whole tin...



Ready to go into the oven! It smells so good while being baked!



Disappointed after i opened the cover, it didnt fill up the whole pan...





Conclusion: I will use 400g of flour for all my loaf breads to fill up my pullman's tin...i want a rectangular loaf!!!!!! This mixed herb bread will be best when spreaded with butter/canola oil magarine. And will be good if its toasted! Recipe from: http://pureenjoyment.blogspot.com/2008/03/mixed-herbs-wholemeal-bread-another.html i reduced sugar to only 1 tbsp, and i omit milk powder...

Im goin for the 7th lunar month dinner! Bye!!