Monday, August 18, 2008

The Best Banana Cake I've Ever Made!!

Baked 3 loaves of Banana Cake b4 i go to work. My grandma is in my house, wanted to let her take someting home for my auntie. theres a few bananas hanging there...and a cut out recipe from newspaper sticked on the fridge. So...here it is!


Forgotten to take a picture of it b4 i put into the oven, so opened the oven halfway to take pics..hehe


One big loaf..for my family


Two small loaves...One for Boyf and the other for grandma & auntie

This recipe is really a keeper!!!!!!! Everyone should try it!!!!!

What you will need:

130g Butter ( I used unsalted butter)
200g Sugar ( I only used about 150g)
2 eggs
1 cup of Mashed Bananas (I used 3 medium size bananas)
250g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
120ml Buttermilk (See ** below)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

What to do with all the ingredients:

First, Preheat your oven at 170degrees.

1) Cream soften butter and sugar together.
2) Add in the egg one at a time. Mix well before adding the next egg.
3) Mix the mashed banana and ground cinnamon in.
4) Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda alternately with the buttermilk.
5) I added sliced bananas for the toppings.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 mins, or until skewer comes out clean.

** You can get buttermilk in ntuc and cold storage. But to make "fake buttermilk", you can add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice OR 3/4 tbsp cream of tartar to 120ml of fresh milk. Stir and let rest for 5 - 10 mins.

This is the best banana cake i've ever baked...really..taste, appearance and texture wise! Most important, not so oily! Please feedback to me after u've tried!