Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rainy Day Moody Day....

I was really moody when i'm preparing this cake. In my mind i was tinking "bad mood = bad cake" I'm so scared that it will shrink again. BUT...Im so glad that it didnt even shrink abit!!! surprise!!!




This is my Banana Chiffon Cake


After detaching the sides of the pan...



Cut it up...the texture is soft and fluffy..moist! When i press my finger down, it will spring up again! Wooo hoo!!!! Bakers will know wat im trying to say and how i feel...


Sorry for poor resolution pictures always...

Source from: http://allthatmatters2rei.blogspot.com/2008/02/going-bananas.html (reirei bakes perfect chiffon cakes!!)

Another bake of the day! Soft and Chewy Buns..




Source: http://bakingfiend.blogspot.com/2007/11/soft-and-chewy-buns.html

Very nice too...but i tink its a bit fattening...cos i used butter and egg yolk to coat the buns, and added more than 65g of butter...

I wanna bake more tings!!!!!!!


----------------------------------------------------------

Previously, I sent an email to MP Wong Kan Seng, to tell him my problems in getting a flat for Boyf and myself. Now my dreams are being shattered again...HDB just emailed me saying this....

We refer to your email to DPM in which you related your difficulty in getting a flat of your choice.

2. In your case, we understand that you had previously applied for new flats in the mature estates. Unfortunately, the supply of new flats in the mature estates is very limited. Moreover, the demand for flats in the mature estates is overwhelming and unfortunately, many applicants will be disappointed. While we sincerely wish that you could get your flat sooner in order to fulfill your desire to start a family early, HDB is unable to help you without being unfair to the other applicants under the Balloting Exercise.

3. Perhaps you could consider widening your choice of locations and consider resale flats in other areas, or consider a new flat under the Built-To-Order system.

4. We wish you all the best in your housing search and in starting your family.





Haiz...wat should i do now?? WAIT AGAIN?? =(