Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cupcake Momma's Chocolate Cupcake

This recipe is posted by Cupcake momma in Moms4Moms. It's my second attempt in baking it. It's really rich and nice..

Previously, I used Lindt 70% Cocoa Chocolate, can be easily found in NTUC.

This time round, i used



Both are around the same standard, but I bought Calbury Old Gold at only $4.70 for 220g. Lindt cost about $5 for only 100g.

K..heres the recipe...

What you'll need:

214g Butter
100g Chocolate
200g Sugar (I used 180g)
4 eggs
112.5g Cake flour/Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
A Pinch of Salt



Preheat the Oven at 170 degrees


1) Melt Chocolate and Butter by using the double boiler method.
What's double boiler method? Look below.




2) Add in all sugar and mix for awhile.


3) Let the mixture rest and cool for 10 mins


4) Use electric mixer and beat for about 3 mins.
BEWARE: The mixture will splatter around, wear an apron or use newspaper to cover.
I didn't cover, imagine I got to clean up the mess.


5) Add in the eggs one by one.
Mix thoroughly with a spatula before adding another egg


6) Sieve in all the floury stuffs and pinch of salt


7) Mix it well, & you will get this thick creamy texture


8) Send them into the oven and bake for 25-30mins.
Or until skewer comes out clean.



HUAT AH!!!!!! hahahahahaha



My sis ate one, and opened the cupcake up for me to take a picture of the texture. Bad resolution, sorry.

& I didn't make any frostings cos I feel that it's already very sweet...

This recipe is worth a try! Must BAKE!!!!

PS: I improvised once again! I added almond bits and choco chips~~since i have spare ones...